Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Friends

So tonight Marvin and I headed over to meet the Gillis/Mahoney families. Ian and Kathy adopted Jane and Lana and are on the Island visiting over the holidays. We had previously spoken on e-mail after I spotted them in church one Sunday with Jane. We had a chance to see lots of pictures from their trip to china this past October. Jane and Lana are absolutely adorable. Everytime Marvin and I get together with people who have been to China, we just leave so excited and anxious to get there ourselves. We've learned so much from so many people over the past year. Thank you to all of you who have shared your experiences with us. It means so much!

Well, back to work tomorrow! It will be nice to get back into a routine. I do find when I'm working the months just fly by...which is kind of what I want so we can hurry up and get to China! I've been hearing from other people online that perhaps the wait time will not continue to increase, maybe even decrease, once the Chinese New Year is passed. I really don't want to get my hopes up for anything. Right now, I'm guessing referral in August travel in October...anything before that would be bonus!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 p.m., January 03, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Hey Caroline...love your blog, I will have to follow some of your good ideas and start a website and a blog soon. We just had our last home visit with our sw tonight and everythining went great. She met Savannah and Savannah enjoyed finally getting to be a part of the meetings. P.S. Thanks for the talk yesterday... I will fill you in later, but as I predicted everything seems to be going well now and hopefully proceeding as previously planned.:)
    Love Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home