Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A gift from my best girlfriends


So here goes...my first shot at uploading pictures. Hope this works.

Before Christmas, my girlfriends(Susie, Leah, Jill, Jackie, Tracy) and I all went out for a little pre-Christmas get together. We exchanged names to buy little gifts for each other. So after all the gifts were opened, there was a pause (pauses make me very suspicious lately, more to follow on this in a future entry), and Susie says, "we bought you a little something". Out comes simply the most beautiful scrapbook ever! I was shocked to say the least and just as the tears start to come, I spot the ladybug on the top of the cover. This quickly sends me into the ugly cry, which seems to be happening a lot lately too. For those of you who don't know, ladybugs are a symbol of good luck and hope for those waiting for their babies from China. I am positive there is not another scrapbook on the face of the earth that I would love more than this one. You see, these girls are the ones who have seen me through the good, bad and the ugly. We've been friends for years and will be friends for many more. Thank you so much girls. You know I love you to death. I can't wait for Kennedy to meet you all. xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home