Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I can't sleep

This summer is pretty much what I expected. I have a lot of time on my hands (my apologies to my friends whose children are driving them crazy) and I'm spending a ton of time analyzing referrals, thinking about when we may get ours and when we may travel. Too many what if's. Last night I couldn't sleep so I got up to check the CCAA site just incase it was updated. Nope! Tonight I went out with some friends and now it's 12:23 and I know I can't sleep. I know someday I'll look back and say "Why the heck didn't I sleep when I could have?" But right now my mind just starts to race as soon as I lay my head down...
Marvin and I went out for a little retail therapy today. He loves to shop so it's always fun to take a day and visit some stores. Best buy today...brown leather shoes for Kennedy. too cute! Every now and again I just need to buy something to soothe my need to get my girl here. Remember we've been in this process for over a year, so, needless to say, we have our share of stuff.

That's all for now. Just venting really. Time to at least get under the covers. I won't be keeping Marvin up tossing and turning as he's working nights for the next week. I'll get my CNN fix and sleep in I guess. Nighty night.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home