Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Another great sleep!

Yep! We got another great sleep last night. Miss K went to sleep at 8:30 and slept until 7:00! Cheers to that! She's really settling in now...more comforable with her surroundings and not as fussy as the first few days. She's met LOTS of people and that is when she's at her best. Like Aunt Marlene said, it's a good thing because in our family, there's always a crowd around.

I went to get our pictures developed yesterday...it took me over an hour. We have more than 400 pictures...that cost us a bundle, but it was well worth it.

The top photo is a picture of our entire group....absolutely fantastic people.

The bottom two pictures show Kennedy and I with our friends Raelene and Bryn; Shea and Caia. Raelene, Shea and I were in very close contact in the months leading up to our trip. They are both in Saskatchewan, so it was very hard to say goodbye, not knowing when we would meet again and when the girls would be together again...hopefully someday. We miss you guys!!!





7 Comments:

  • At 12:07 p.m., February 22, 2007, Blogger Dela Luna said…

    I love reading your blog. Please give Ms. Beautiful kisses for me. And know you all are in my prayers.

     
  • At 12:08 p.m., February 22, 2007, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    Yeah Kennedy! Mei Lin has slept through the night twice this week as well...does it ever feel good when you wake up in the morning and realize you got a full night of sleep! It just doesn't seem to happen enough for us! I can see by the look in her eyes...Kennedy has alot of love in her! Crossing my fingers for more good night sleeps!
    Nat

     
  • At 12:10 p.m., February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey...love the pictures. We should get together again soon so we can see the rest that you have. The girls told their dad that Kennedy was "real cute". Leah

     
  • At 1:04 p.m., February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What does sleeping through the night mean? I still have one who loves to come in part way through the night and hop in our bed! The great thing about it is is that he does it on his own - I don't have to get up !! :) It sounds like she is adjusting very well. She's a beautiful girl. We look forward to meeting her sometime soon - maybe over the MArch Break - I'll call first but not at 7:30 a.m. ! Ha
    Jacqueline

     
  • At 1:36 p.m., February 22, 2007, Blogger Michelle said…

    Such beautiful babies ... and mommies too!

     
  • At 5:26 p.m., February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you guys are getting on track too. Ava went out at 7:15 last night and slept til 9:15 am, with only a few minutes awake at 9pm. Isn't it great to be over those wacky first days - it did kind of worry me - thought we'd never get back to our China sleep routine. So far we've only managed a long pm nap and no am nap (since she gets up so late!) so that may become the routine. We'll see...for now I'll take the long night sleeps. Got our SIN today, no problem when I explained about the documents, just followed Kathleens' advice. Love to follow all your updates.
    love Beth

     
  • At 3:01 p.m., February 24, 2007, Blogger Shea said…

    I'm a little behind on my reading. I love the picture of the girls. I can't believe they're all looking! How did you manage that??

    I wish we'd had more time to just hang out in the hotel room like we did that night in Nanchang. Someday we will. I really miss the social network we had in China. It was hard to say goodbye to the other parents and babies.

    Shea and Caia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home