Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

It's the year of the Pig! Happy New Year everyone!

Well, it's been a tough few days for all of us. Our clocks are confused, to say the least. Kennedy has her days and nights totally reversed so we are working hard at getting that turned around. Today we went to Grammie Clow's house where Kennedy played with her aunts, uncles and cousins ALL day. She loved it! She had a 45 minute cat nap around 3 o'clock and we managed to keep her up until 8pm so hopefully she'll sleep through until at least 5 or 6 a.m. The last two mornings she woke up at 3 o'clock and 1:30 so we're thinking it can only get better, right?

We are also all battling colds/sore throats. I was actually in such discomfort this a.m that I went to emergency only to find a FULL waiting room at 8 a.m. I knew I couldn't sit there all day so I came back home. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Tomorrow we are heading to Charlottetown to welcome home the Stetson family. It is Roshandra's birthday tomorrow and we can't wait to see them again. We know their older children must be so anxious to finally meet their baby sister.

Thank you to everyone who has called, stopped by and sent messages. We still need a bit of time to get adjusted but we'll be up and on the go soon.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:41 p.m., February 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn,

    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Go buy some Cepacol losanges they might help! You should see me on this machine now!! I actually tried sending an attachement tonight. I'll let you know if it worked.

    The girls and I are looking forward to meeting Kennedy!! The hardest part about bringing your child home is getting a routine established but don't forget it is especially hard for a GOLD person!!!

    Your tech student

     
  • At 10:05 p.m., February 18, 2007, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    I hope you are all on the mend soon! It is tough for the first couple of weeks, dealing with the jet lag, new baby, and sickness...I will never forget it!!...but like you said...it can only get better! Let me know when you are feeling settled in and perhaps Mei Lin and Kennedy can have a playdate (no rush)!

    Take care of yourselves!
    Hugs!
    Nat

     
  • At 11:42 p.m., February 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome home you guys. Sorry we didn't make it to the airport but was delighted to read that you hope to be at the airport for the Stetsons tomorrow, see you there!!
    (This I'm sure will all depend on the night's sleep, lots of it I hope, how you feel and the thought of preparing and driving to Charlottetown)
    Welcome home.
    The Fentons

     
  • At 2:23 p.m., February 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Chinese New Year to you! Take your time getting adjusted and getting well. Coming back from an adoption trip is not something you get over within a couple of days. It took us a good two weeks, both times.

     
  • At 3:00 p.m., February 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year to you too! I'm sorry to hear that sleep is an issue, I would imagine it would be so hard at first. NOT looking forward to that, as I am not a "happy" person when sleep-deprived! And I hope your sore throat goes away. That's the worst, when you have so much on your plate! Get better soon!

    Janet

     
  • At 10:21 a.m., February 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I have SO much enjoyed following with you on you journey to Kennedy. We are Christine and Iain and live in Victoria, B.C. (we are at the other coast! :) ) Our LID is January 26, 2006 and we are also with FOI. So our time will eventually get here. :) Reading has really helped me with this wait. So thank you so much. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I hope that you all start to feel better soon. Congratulations!!! and all the best. Thanks again for having a blog it has helped me tremendously. I can't wait to see some photos of Kennedy in her new home. :) Take Care and HAVE FUN!!! :)
    Christine

     
  • At 11:12 a.m., February 20, 2007, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Happy Chinese New Year to you too!!
    Hope your feeling better soon. Must be so hard on your body to due the trip home, time change, exhaustion.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home