Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Love at first sight...



Ofcourse, we loved her long before this moment, but you can imagine our excitement when we walked into the building where we would be getting our babies and there were FOUR of them sitting in the lobby. This picture was sent to me by a group member. I had my video camera running so I captured it on that, but didn't have any still pictures. From left to right is Ava, Claire, Maeve and Kennedy in the right hand corner. Marvin and I both agree that was the heart-stopping moment for us. It was panic because they were telling us to go upstairs but we were trying to figure out if these were our babies. Marvin and I knew right away that it was Kennedy...I was freaking out. Then we had to go upstairs WAIT for them to officially be brought to us. Ohhhhhhh what a day. Easily, the best day of my life.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:15 p.m., March 11, 2007, Blogger The Carmodys said…

    Oh what an experience. I bet that was the longest part of the whole wait eh?

    k

     
  • At 1:43 p.m., March 13, 2007, Blogger Shea said…

    Oh what a day!! I'm so happy you have this picture. Brings back so many memories. I'll never forget that elevator ride, and waiting for the babies in that room. You knew immediately that was Kennedy.

     
  • At 5:32 p.m., March 13, 2007, Blogger Deb said…

    What a sweet moment it must have been, I can hardly wait.
    It was nice to see you Sunday. Funny how Kennedy could sleep through all that noise!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home