Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Husband's Creativity


So, you know that feeling when your kids are in the other room and it's way too quiet and you know they're up to something? Well, Marvin was in the kitchen the other day for the longest while and I couldn't hear a sound. So I called out to him and he didn't answer me so I went out to see what he was doing and this is what I found on the fridge. "China bound 4 a girl (The K stands for Kennedy and it is between two ladybug magnets). Then it says "12 (for December) 2006 and the word "JOY" (a good middle name I think although that hasn't been decided yet). Marv still holds out a ton of hope that we travel before Christmas. I, on the other hand, don't see that happening. There's always hope...who knows. I love when he does things like this or says little things about Kennedy. He is just so anxious to get her here. I told him we can only have one neurotic person in the house at a time so it is up to him to stay calm and cool.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:38 p.m., July 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, how sweet is that?!?! What a great guy!

     
  • At 2:02 a.m., July 27, 2006, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Very creative!! That is so special, especially from a man!! I'm glad you took pictures, that is one to add to Kennedy's baby book!!
    You might still yet travel before Christmas, dont loose hope yet!! Maybe I will be in your travel group...thats might hope to be home by Christmas!!

     
  • At 11:50 a.m., July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's hope it is December, and where did you ever get the idea that there can only be one neurotic individual in the household, my house, 4 that includes the dog. But isn't life wonderful!

     
  • At 11:50 a.m., July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's hope it is December, and where did you ever get the idea that there can only be one neurotic individual in the household, my house, 4 that includes the dog. But isn't life wonderful!

     
  • At 3:27 p.m., July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's my baby brother! I am sure he is getting as anxious as you to travel soon to bring Kennedy home. Wouldn't it be the greatest Christmas present ever to travel in December! You never know.. God works in mysterious ways.

    Marlene

     
  • At 5:47 p.m., July 27, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    AH! I got all warm fuzzies when I read that, you are right it is nice when they do and say things too.
    Your gonna be a really great Daddy Marvin!

     
  • At 11:13 a.m., July 28, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Oh so sweet... have to say I am not surprised though, Marvin is one of the sweetest, gentlest men I have ever met. You both will be amazing parents, Kennedy and all her siblings will be very lucky to have you both. Gotta go get my kleenex now. Love yas all.
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home