Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The end of the first week

First, I have to confess...Marvin was the mastermind behind the poem. So thanks for the compliments...I'll pass them along.

Well, what a first week it's been. I have a wonderful class of 10 boys and 8 girls. They are just a delight to teach...I know it's only been 3 days but trust me, I know a handful when I see one. I love my job, even with the challenges that are often presented, but these kids are so pleasant and cooperative...it's going to be a great year (or half year, depending when we go to China).

My sister-in-law, Marlene, sent me this link to a ladybug recipe that I think some of you may enjoy. I'm trying to think of something to replace the olives with (because I don't like olives). Any suggestions? You have to admit, they are cute!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:26 p.m., September 07, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    Glad your first week is going well! Sounds like you'll have your hands full...... :-) And I loved the little ladybug appetizers. I hate olives too, so I'll have to think about how to replace them. Very cute!

    Janet T.
    tuiningatreasures.blogpsot.com

     
  • At 1:42 p.m., September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for posting the link to the ladybug appetizer. They are too cute!!! I am so going to make those for our block party next week ;-)
    Hmmmm...not sure what you could replace the olives with, though.

     
  • At 9:09 p.m., September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok well glad to see your 1st week went well!and about the ladybug appetizers well depending on how you veiw the tomato vegie verses fruit you could use dark grapes.
    I think they are adorable!
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 11:37 p.m., September 08, 2006, Blogger Catherine said…

    Glad your first week went so well. What a nice number of kids to have!

    Great appetizers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home