Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

40 days to go!

We're down to 40 days...that's the countdown to when I think we will receive Kennedy's file or at least know it's on it's way. Realizing that it will pass through many hands here in Canada before it gets to us, it may be a bit after November 24th, but in 40 days we should know that it's on it's way. When it lands in Canada, it needs to be approved by the PEI Child and Family authorities, then on to our agency where it needs to be translated and finally sent to us. I have no idea how long that will all take but hopefully they will not keep us waiting too long.

I had munchies with a couple of friends last night and spilled my guts to them about just how anxious I'm getting about all of this. We're both excited beyond belief but I'm almost crazy just knowing how close it's getting. It's so many different emotions all at once...it's kind of overwhelming. I hope I can get through report cards and parent/teacher interviews in November. That's the 15/16th of November. Can you imagine? The parents will probably be wondering what's wrong with me as I'm sure I'll be completely frazzled by day 8 of our official countdown. Note to all my teacher friends: Keep an eye on me that week!

We're off to my mom and dad's to celebrate dad's 68th birthday! Picking up my very special Aunt Rose on the way. And yes, ofcourse, I'll take pictures. Have a great Sunday everyone.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:17 a.m., October 16, 2006, Blogger RoLo said…

    You need to add a big countdown clock :)

     
  • At 1:29 a.m., October 16, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    You must be beside yourself with excitement and worry! I can't believe how cloes you are. MAJOR rejoicing when you get your referral! I am so looking forward to seeing the face of your new little girl. I really hope these last days of waiting go by quickly for you!

    Janet

     
  • At 11:26 p.m., October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so excited for you guys. It has been a long time coming...

     
  • At 8:35 a.m., October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Things are finally coming together. Keeping our fingers crossed. Exciting times!!!

    Love
    Marlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home