Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Random Thoughts

Marv worked the night shift last night so I'm waiting for him to rise and shine and we will head over to Nancy's (his sister) for Thanksgiving dinner. In the meantime, I thought I'd write down some very random thoughts.

-48 days to Kennedy's picture (we hope...I hope we're not disappointed...again)
-Sad days for Bev, Randolph and Asia (Marv's sis, BIL and niece) in Ontario. They put Chili, their beloved Portuguese Water Dog, to her rest last week. Chili had his last visit to PEI this past summer. Hugs to you guys.
-Congratulations to Anne and Tylan (Cole's aunt and uncle on his dad's side) on their wedding yesterday.
-Happy anniversary to Amy and Trent who celebrated 5 years married last week.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for...

-my wonderful parents and family
-my awesome husband
-a great job (I couldn't imagine doing anything else)
-a cozy home
-great neighbours
-supportive friends
-best friends from childhood
-siblings
-pepsi
-my baby, Yaz

I have a very good life. I consider myself very fortunate. During our homestudy, when we met with our social worker and basically went back through our histories, I realized that I have a lot to be thankful for. Ofcourse we all have our burdens of one sort or another, but life is good. And I know it will keep getting better.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:22 p.m., October 08, 2006, Blogger RoLo said…

    Happy ThanksGiving. Wow you really reached out to me today...when I read your thoughts of thankfulness and you mentioned about your HS and how going back into the history of you life made you really think. I feel exactly 100% the same. Our homestudy made me think even more about how everything in my life has helped shape me into the person I am today and it also made me fall more in love with my hubby. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

     
  • At 6:59 p.m., October 08, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I like your thankful list. I think I'll do one too. It's always good to count your blessings, especially when you're waiting.....and waiting... I really hope you see your little one's face soon too! BIG TIME party in blogville when you get your referral! Have a great Gobble Gobble Day!

    Janet

     
  • At 12:13 p.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    I am thankful you are my friend!
    Love,
    Jennifer

     
  • At 5:51 p.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Hope you had a great feast, Happy Thanksgiving. I think your list should be on a Pepsi commercial, very dedicated!
    *HUGABUGS*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home