Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Let's face it...I'm a wreck.

Here I am...ready to wish another month away. Thanksgiving and Teacher's conventions should help. Getting together with my girlfriends for several upcoming dates will help. But it's pretty dire now. I'm anxious and can hardly talk about it. My friends at school were so excited when I told them the CCAA was into August now...it took me by surprise! I don't know why. I guess they're just like me. For so long it seemed like a dream. It's been a year and a half since we announced this to everyone so I guess it is time to get excited. But with this process, my excitement is always guarded because I just don't know when that referral will come. Realistically, I don't think it will be the end of October. If it doesn't come in November, we will be very disappointed. But who knows. Thanks to everyone who is sending their well wishes. It means a lot. I know this is all starting to sound a little redundant so I'll try to spuce it up a little for my next post:)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:18 p.m., September 25, 2006, Blogger Red Sand said…

    Hugs, hugs, hugs

     
  • At 8:01 p.m., September 25, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    I know it hurts more than words can say. Lets try to shift your focus on happy warm fuzzy thoughts, I don't know about anyone else but I'd love to see some nursery pictures if you have any to show off? Or have you put it together yet?
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 8:48 p.m., September 25, 2006, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said…

    Thanks for the encouragement Debbie. But my nursery is a very small room (that I probably couldn't take a picture of if I wanted to because of the angle)that is presently overrun by STUFF, STUFF AND MORE STUFF. It's the effects of living in a very small house. We already feel the walls closing in, I can just imagine when Kennedy gets here with all her STUFF! Trust me, I'm feeling good, just emotionally drained from another month of high anxiety referrals. I'm so glad my bloggy friends take good care of me (and my non-bloggy friends too!)

     
  • At 9:19 p.m., September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn,

    I know there isn't anything I can say that can make you feel better. I know this hurts so much, I have been there. Just remember what I have always told you: I promise you this will all make sense when you get your baby. I know that sounds so meaningless right now because it doesn't take your pain away; I'm so sorry...If you don't mind, would you e-mail your mailing address??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home