Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Indulgences...



After reading my friend Sandra's post about coffee and how much she loves it, I felt compelled to write about my own favorite indulgence...Pepsi(can you tell things are a little slow on the adoption front?) I now have my addiction down to a couple a day. But I fondly remember the days in university when I would gulp down a glass in the morning before my eyes were even open. I was never a coffee drinker so I always used that as my excuse to drink pop in the morning. Now, I have about half a can at lunch and one in the evening. I know it's probably not the best habit, but I can think of worse(and I've done worse). Now I'm off to watch Survivor and ummmmmm...have a glass of Pepsi. I think I'll cheer for the Asian team...


P.S. Prayers for my little sis who is so sick (with her pregnancy). Hope you get over that hump Amy. xo

P.S. Prayers for my big sis whose van broke down (it is unrepairable) and is looking for a new one to transport her 3 children all over creation as another hockey season nears. Happy hunting Kim. xo

If you have any prayers left, send them to me...I'm sick with a cold. It's the regular September cold that teachers get as they build up their immune systems for another school year. Hope I get better so we can go to Moncton on Saturday!

8 Comments:

  • At 9:49 p.m., September 14, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    Hello from a recovering "Coke" addict!! lol

    I was an almost 2 litre a dayer! lol

    Last Christmas I started a new diet basically giving up all my pop (thus taking up coffee since I'm a mother of 4 I need SOME caffeine! lol).

    I've lost soo much weight and I'm pretty sure it's from giving up the pop alone! lol (I really drank that much! lol)

    Hope you feel better soon! I'll send prayers up for everyone!!!

     
  • At 11:02 p.m., September 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even though I love my coffee, I am also a sucker for Diet Pepsi - but only the caffeine free kind. Go figure....

     
  • At 1:47 a.m., September 15, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I HATE COLDS! That stuffy, yucky, sore throat kind of feeling. I hope you feel better soon! Oh, and I hear if you drink Pepsi, it wards off a cold.... LOL!

    Janet T.

     
  • At 1:09 p.m., September 15, 2006, Blogger Red Sand said…

    Indulgences. What a lovely topic. Chocolate would have to be my most infamous choice, although coffee is up there as well. Happy Friday.

     
  • At 1:17 p.m., September 15, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    I always wondererd why people would drink DIET-Caffeine free pop!!! lol

    It's like.... What's the point??!! lol

    Too cute Sandra!

     
  • At 4:25 p.m., September 15, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Hey... Survivor is back!!! I watched it last night and I too was cheering for the Asian team. They did great!! ( I wish we were doing the survivor Pool at our school again this year) As you know I am a Diet Pepsi Fan and I hear you on the cold scene... all our little ones are dripping and coughing!

     
  • At 10:33 p.m., September 15, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    As I'm reading your post I'm enjoying a JAZZ which is the new Strawberries & Cream flavored diet pepsi!!!! I love it!
    Sorry to hear you have a cold I guess it's a kicker to the old emune system being around so many more households of people now that your back to work.
    Prayers up for the Milligan girls!
    *HUGABUGS*
    Enjoy Moncton.

     
  • At 12:21 p.m., September 23, 2006, Blogger Melissa said…

    Up until these past two weeks I was a caffeine lover from sweet tea and all the cola's but now give me some coffee. I think my husband would love it if he could hook up IV's of liquid caffeine to himself everyday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home