Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dr. Chiang's book launch

Today, Jen and I went to Dr. Chiang's book launch at the Eptek Centre here in Summerside. His book is entitled "Chinese Islanders" and it is about Chinese immigrants to PEI. I'm so glad I went. It was really interesting to hear some of the history, a lady played Chinese music and ofcourse there was Chinese food as well. I feel like it is important for me to do these things for my own understanding of the Chinese culture. I felt so good leaving there today...and very close to our baby girl.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 p.m., September 24, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    We had fun didn't we...I felt so "artsy' being at a book launch... both our first ever together! I loved the song that Bryce sang and as I held your hand and cried with you I felt that somehow our connection would also be a connection of our girls....ahhh the red thread continues. I am glad I went too, I think it will be great for our girls to have a copy of that book and for us to be aware of their culture and the connection with PEI. Good times, good times!

     
  • At 11:21 p.m., September 24, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Pretty amazing song isn't it! I didn't realize the launch was in S'Side and C'town.
    Here's to sleeping slower! Cheers
    *HUGABUGS*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home