Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The next set of referrals...

Lots of people have been asking me about the next set of referrals...when are they coming? When will I know more? What does that mean for us? First, thanks for asking. It makes me very excited to know that people are #1...getting excited too and #2...starting to understand how this whole process works! Ofcourse I know how complicated it must be for someone who hasn't done the research that we have to figure out when we may go to China, so I'm glad people are starting to figure the whole thing out.

Well, rumor has it that referrals(that's the picture and info on your child...your first introduction to your baby!)were mailed out from China on Friday, which means they should be arriving on Monday. This will not be our referral, unless ofcourse there is some miracle that occurs. But it is expected that these referrals will go into August/05. How far? We don't know. Remember our date is August 31, so anything into August will at least put them in our month. I will let y'all know as soon as I hear anything.

I don't like doing "public" guessing, I ususally prefer to do it with only my husband, but heck, why not? We've been off the mark so many times, you know I'm not much good at guessing what the CCAA is going to do next...

So, if they happened to get to August 16, as Rumor Queen has predicted is there a chance that they would do up to August 31 next time (end of October)? So, yes indeed, there is a chance we may get our baby's file at the end of October. There's also a chance it may be the end of November or December. But all I can say is it's almost here and we are so excited :)

P.S. For those that have been to visit Rumor Queen, remember she's just that a "rumor" queen. Personally, I love her. She's kept me sane through much of this. She sorts through all the "rumors" and tells us what she thinks. She's a waiting parent also, just like the rest of us. If you don't want to hear the rumors, best you don't go there :)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:24 p.m., September 23, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    Carolyn,

    I just know you will get your referral in October! That's what I pray for anyway! It is looking good for that anyway. We will be travelling in November...possibly early december, so you never know...we may still travel together! Wouldn't that be amazing? We have been through this together...why not go together! Have a good weekend...I will update my blog tomorrow to fill you in on our progress!
    Nat

     
  • At 10:25 p.m., September 23, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    I'm gonna believe that October will be your referral month. I can imagine the antisipation is pouring out of you these days and your heart no doubt scips a beat each time you get a tiny tidbit of information. Thanks for sharing.
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 10:06 p.m., September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, you are so close! Let's hope October is your month!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home