Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Not great, but not terrible either...

It's 3:15 a.m. on Monday morning. There's a small hurricane happening outside I believe. Had to get up and go outside to pin a few things down on the deck so I thought I'd pay Rumor Queen a visit. This is the news she had for us. 18 days worth of referrals this month. You know, overall, that's pretty darn good considering the most we've had in recent memory is 15 I think. Still puts us 22 days away with a LID of August 31. It's rumored that the end of August has many referrals so it's difficult to predict what will happen. The chances of an end of October referral are slim I believe. Hopefully November...It's still hard to say. But this is the latest update...wanted you all to know. Thanks for all the support. Hope I can get back to sleep.

UPDATE
It's now 7:19. I didn't get back to sleep until after 5a.m. Hope my kiddies are very cooperative today...Perhaps this kind of sleep pattern is preparing me for child rearing????

3 Comments:

  • At 3:53 p.m., September 25, 2006, Blogger RoLo said…

    Your getting closer:) I know that it is hard and I wish too that you had been in this batch. Hang in there.

     
  • At 5:15 p.m., September 25, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    Carolyn,

    COngratulations of referrals reaching your LID month! That is good news. Although I know you will be analyzing the heck out of how the next batch will go! I know I am! THis next month will be hard for you I am sure...but you are almost there! Hang in there, I am saying my prayers for you guys!
    -Nat

     
  • At 7:51 p.m., September 25, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    they are at least on the rise it was only 9 days last month wasn't it? Who knows they could do 22 days next month! I wondered how you slept last night? now I know! I hope you get some rest tonight. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
    *HUGABUGS*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home