Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Goodbye January!

Finally, January is over. I know the old saying, "don't wish your life away", and I very much agree with it, however, January was a long month.(That was a long sentence with probably too many commas, but I got the period and that's all that matters in grade 2!) My next thing is January without snow is twice as long. I LOVE snow. Some people think I love it because of school closures (yes that too) but I've always loved winter time and snow. I think it's because my family always did wintery things. We had a huge hill by my house where everyone in the neighbourhood would come to go "coasting". Then we'd head over to my grandparent's pond to go skating. We'd spend endless hours at the rink watching hockey games. I've just always loved winter. It's my favorite season period! BUT, winter without snow just isn't winter to me...
So we're heading into the month of L-O-V-E. I love February...it's winter (preferably with snow), it's the month of love AND it's my birthday on the 16th. I can't believe I'm going to be 34. Now before all you older people get too uptight, I'm not saying that's old, I'm just saying it seems like yesterday that I was turning 18 and heading off to UPEI with my girlfriends. When Marvin and I started dating, he was turning 25 and I thought that was old. Never thought we'd be first time parents at this age but hey, we'll take it. We're so anxious and feel so ready...I hope that's a good sign!
I've been shovelling out Kennedy's room(since there's no snow to shovel!). She's got quite a bit of stuff in there already. A "couple" pairs of shoes (Angela, remember our little secret), a "few" clothes and "some" books. So Marv and I got out the magnetic letters yesterday and put them on the fridge (new fridge and stove last week...yay!). Now we only had one of each letter of the alphabet so we had to be creative...Here's what it says:
181 to Aug 06
Which translates into 181 days till August. This is when we hope to have our picture and info about Kennedy. The countdown is on. With any luck it will come sooner.
That's it for now. Hope a flake or two falls soon. Forecast is rain and +6 to +9 for the weekend. Yuck!
Welcome to February!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 p.m., February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn,
    Sounds like you got more than a flake or two in PEI today...be careful what you wish for! ha ha
    Yes, the number of shoes is "our" little secret!! Can't wait to meet you and Marvin ~ hopefully it will be soon!
    Angela

     

Post a Comment

<< Home