Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The wait...wait...wait

Hi everyone. Well, the wait continues...and it's not getting any shorter. Actually, it's getting longer. I cannot tell you when we will go to get Kennedy. I pray it will be before Christmas. I do not want to have Christmas without her. Everyone wants to know "why". Why is the wait increasing? It's difficult to explain, mainly because there is no exact answer. The CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) works at their own speed. They are not required to report to us on why things speed up or slow down. There are many people who speculate as to why this happens, but we don't know the answers for certain. What I do know is it has been like this before, speeding up and then slowing down. It's no one's fault, it's just the way it is. Those of us adopting are following the CCAA and the rate that they are presently sending out referrals. It's still impossible to predict because of the simple fact that it may speed up as quickly as it slowed down. BUT, if things stay at this speed, I would venture a guess that we may not get to China until 2007. Trust me, I don't even want to go there, but I'm "gold" and I need to always remain realistic. I'm a planner, which is a terrible way to be for this process, so I need to make plans in my head, even if those plans get changed several times.
So, there it is. Simple as that. Only it's not simple as that in my heart. It's weighing heavy on both Marvin and I. We're starting to see all the holidays go by one more time when we thought Kennedy would be here with us. Ho-hum.
Chin up. Carry on. Can't wait for summer vacation.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home