Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

16 month anniversary

It's New Year's Eve.
It's been 16 months since our file was logged in at the China Centre of Adoption Affairs. Wow! That's approximately 480 days. Crazy. It's been much longer than that however since we started waiting for our girl. Depends how you look at it I suppose. I've been waiting to be a mother since I was a young girl playing with my dolls. It's finally within reach. I can't wait for the clock to strike midnight and we enter into 2007...the year our girl comes home!!

We've decided our baby's full name will be "Kennedy Joy Clow". After discussing many possibilities, this is what we thought worked best. We have to submit her full Canadian name to our agency 3 weeks before we leave (for paperwork purposes) so the pressure was on. LOL.

Time to go tidy up and get some snacks ready for tonight. The Clow's will be joining us for some New Year's celebrations. Always lots of fun.

Happy New Year everyone! May 2007 bring you peace, happiness and joy and may ALL your dreams come true.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:35 p.m., December 31, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    What an exciting day for you! There will be so much meaning behind ringing in the new year this year! I remember this very day last year, writing a letter to our little girl...although at the time her name was to be "Holly"...needless to say, when we finally saw her...Holly just didn't suit our little Mei Lin!!Kennedy definitely looks like a Kennedy! And Joy is a great way to describe her! So happy for you!
    Nat

     
  • At 2:45 p.m., December 31, 2006, Blogger Cari said…

    Love the name! Can't believe that it was a 16 month wait from LID -- yikes. Keep us posted on the good news!

    Cari

     
  • At 11:06 p.m., December 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a beautiful name. I love it! 16 months??? And here I thought our 13 month wait for Jazzie was long! Happy New Year!!

     
  • At 10:36 p.m., January 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year Carolyn. It's going to be a good year!! Let the countdown (to China) begin!

    k

    P.S. I like the name too. :)

     
  • At 11:24 p.m., January 01, 2007, Blogger M and M said…

    Happy New Year to you!! WOW is this going to be an exciting year for you.

    I am so happy for you!!

     
  • At 1:45 p.m., January 02, 2007, Blogger J Brant said…

    Happy New Year!!!! Hopefully 2007 will be a year where dreams come true for many people.I am so excited your dream of being a mom will come true! I love Joy for a middle name...so very fitting as that is definitely what she will be bringing into your life. It triggered something in my memory and I quickly scanned down your blog to July 26 and re-read what Marvin had written on your fridge in magnetic letters and there it was...JOY.
    Happy New Year and see you soon.
    Love,
    Jen

     
  • At 7:18 p.m., January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the name! And I am quite sure that she will bring you VERY much Joy! I hope our wait will be that long, but I seriously doubt it.....:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home