Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's official!

It's official! Today I signed my leave form at work. After Christmas, I only go back to work for 13 days...I will officially leave my job on January 24. Now that is hard to believe. At Greenfield, we are like a big family. It's going to be hard to leave for 9 months. However, I'm only 3 minutes away and I plan on visiting often. Also, my grade 2 partner Jennifer is starting her maternity leave tomorrow, so we'll be off together! That means lots of lunch dates and playdates with our babies this spring and summer. Jen is due in early February, so I'm guessing she will have her baby on the day we get Kennedy (Feb. 5). It certainly wouldn't surprise me...we tend to do things as a team (teach grade 2 together, both adopting from China, having our babies at the same time...). It's amazing how this has all worked out for both of us. We figured out a long time ago that we have a special bond...Love ya Jen!

So, the countdown is now at 43 days to travel, 46 days till Kennedy is in our arms. Wow! Thank you to every single person that has shared in our excitement these last two weeks. We've had phonecalls, e-mails, it's really been amazing. Finally our time has come. It's a magical feeling and what better time to celebrate than Christmas?


P.S. And on that note, we didn't send out a single Christmas card this year. Can we use the excuse that our minds were elsewhere? It's the honest truth. Our sincerest wishes for a wonderful holiday season with the ones you love :)

5 Comments:

  • At 11:11 p.m., December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!! HOW EXCITING!!!!And it couldn't be a better time of year to CELEBRATE....a BIG *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S

    from Saint John,NB
    Have a very Merry Christmas

     
  • At 9:59 a.m., December 22, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    I hear ya on the Christmas card thing!

    Here's to 40 some short days to go!
    Nat

     
  • At 2:27 p.m., December 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, oh , oh! I am SO excited for you! You get to go on leave and enjoy your little girl! Man, your heart must be overflowing with happiness! I sincerely hope you guys have a great Christmas!

     
  • At 10:35 p.m., December 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exciting for you. All of a sudden it is really happening. Your life is changing...and for the better!!!

     
  • At 11:34 a.m., December 29, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    I am crying...you are so sweet to put into words our special connection. It is hard to explain and you did a wonderful job. There are certainly reasons why people are put into our lives and I am so glad you are a part of mine. I love you too...Merry Christmas. Next year will be so exciting with Kennedy to share it with and I know you are looking and holding her picture close this year and she is with you in your heart.
    Love,
    Jen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home