Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

What A Week!

Safe to say, this has been the most amazing week of my life to date. I think the week of February 5, 2007 will probably top it, but this week has simply been amazing!

Monday, we went to Charlottetown to get our first glimpse of our daughter. That was such an exciting day. Tuesday, we received a call from Charlottetown that Kennedy's complete translated file was ready for us to view, so off we went to Charlottetown to pick it up. It was amazing to read about our baby and her development over the last 8 months. Tuesday night we went to visit Kevin and Catherine who will be travelling with us to adopt Roshandra. We compared notes and shared in each other's excitement. Wednesday, it was back to work for me. I also made a visit to my school board to make arrangements for my leave. Thank you Mary Fran! Marvin made some phone calls to doctors, travel agents, and even had the Christmas tree up and ready to decorate when I got home! Leah came over to work on the quilt. She says one more evening and it should be complete! I cannot wait to show you the finished product. Today I worked and Marvin took Kennedy's file to the clinic to be looked over by the nurse. She thought everything looked just fine. He also mailed our care package for Kennedy to FOI so Yulin can deliver it on her trip to China next week. Then it was back to Charlottetown again to sign our official acceptance letter for Kennedy's adoption.

Needless to say, it's been a very busy week. Throw in a couple of Christmas concerts at school and I'm exhausted! Big thank you to my husband who was off this week and took care of so many important things on our "To Do" list. Below are some pictures from Kennedy's care package. The directions are to keep the box small so we included: a disposable camera, a photo album and a cuddly blanket. We took pictures of her picture with her name in magnetic letters to make sure it all gets to Yu caijiao.

No pictures for now. Blogger is not cooperating...sorry!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home