Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Another long weekend

We're hunkering down for another l-o-n-g weekend! But I'm more optimistic today than I have been lately. We've received messages from a few people letting us know about their past experiences so we hope our referral will soon be here.

I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight. It would be no small wonder if I get sick. There is absolutely every kind of sickness circulating through our school...

Going shopping with my two sisters and my dad tomorrow morning. This is a tradition we have been doing for some 30 years. I'm so happy that my dad is feeling well enough to get out for a little walk about the mall. Ofcourse, dad gets his shopping done in record speed, so we'll be done in no time!

I need everyone's prayers for a special little girl named Darcie who is sick in the hospital. She will get better, but please pray that she feels better soon and her mom and dad stay strong too.

A HUGE thank you to everyone for all the supportive messages we've been receiving. It has really helped us get through this tough time.

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 p.m., December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn, you sound a lot better than in your last post. I am so sorry that there still isn't any news, but I am hopeful right there with you for some wonderful news next week. Lots of love to you and enjoy your shopping tomorrow!

     
  • At 11:15 a.m., December 09, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I am glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope your weekend is somewhat relaxing. Make sure you get lots of rest, woudln't want you to get sick! Glad your dad is better and able to shop. And my prayers are with Darcie. It's soooo hard when a little one is in the hospital!

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., December 09, 2006, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Hang in there!! Well what I do when I need to pass time is SLEEP...plus that is what I do when I'm sick too!!!
    I hope your weekend is going OK and I will say a little something for a HAPPY MONDAY!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home