Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Panic Button

I am slowly taking my hand off of the panic button. Late last night, I went searching for reassurance from those who have been through this before. Afterall, they are the people who have so much good advice to give. This morning I woke up to e-mails and messages on the blog reassuring us that PEI (Atlantic region in general) is usually a few days behind our friends in Central and Western Canada and that I shouldn't panic. So I have lightened my grip on the panic button. I will go see Mei Lin today, go to my staff party tonight, decorate tomorrow and ta-da, Monday will be here.

Special THANK YOU to Cindy and Susan for your reassurance and wealth of knowledge. You know I'll be coming back to you for lots more info next week, once I know where our Kennedy is!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 a.m., December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello ....

    We waited about 4-5 days and it felt like we were the only people in cyberland that had not received their referral. Hang in there!
    Before too long you will see your sweet babe and the wait will be behind you.
    Andrea ( N.B)
    http://www.ladybugjournals.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:24 p.m., December 02, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    My thoughts are with you, you poor girl! I wish you all the best this weekend. HOw hard it is to keep your mind on ANYTHING else......

     
  • At 11:26 a.m., December 03, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    Carolyn...(and Marvin too!),

    Thanks so much for coming to the airport to welcome us home, I know you had a staff party to get to, so, it really meant alot to us that you stuck around and waited for our very delayed plane!!

    I was checking your blog as often as I could while in China! Your referral is on it's way...and you will soon be on your way to get your baby!! Ask us all the travel questions you want! We will gladly help in anyway we can. I'm so excited that you are soon going!! I hope you can get a chance to come visit Mei Lin...and we can talk about your up and coming trip to CHina!

    I will pray that tomorrow is "the day!"

    Luvs!
    Nat

     
  • At 12:41 p.m., December 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This has been the longest weekend of my life!! I'm really hoping for more news on Monday, and hopefully we'll finally be able to see pictures of our babies. The anticipation is agony!! I can't wait to see Kennedy.

    I wonder which province they're in? I'm imagining our girls playing together as we speak.

    Shea

     
  • At 7:46 p.m., December 03, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Tomorrow... tomorrow...it has to be tomorrow. I will pray, cross all my fingers and toes and wish on all the stars in the sky for tomorrow. Love you guys!
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home