Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Countdown: Day 1

Well, we've finally reached it...day 1. Tomorrow is the day that we had set for our countdown goal. We hoped to know something by now. RQ is reporting that referrals may arrive next week. We're thinking sometime in the next 2 weeks we'll have Kennedy's information. It's a very emotional time. I'm trying to stay focused on the goal and stay motivated at work. It's been difficult, to say the least.

Can't wait to go to Moncton to see my Dad on Saturday. He's doing well and everything continues to go as planned. So glad. Can't wait to have him home safe and sound for Christmas.

Special thank you to my dearest friends and co-workers who have been counselling me on an almost daily basis for the past week. Emotions are running high. I have a few issues going on right now and I need everyone's good vibes coming my way to help me get through. Can't wait for Christmas holidays!

By the way, Dan and Nat have posted on their blog! They finally have Mei Lin in their arms.

Have a good weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:29 a.m., November 24, 2006, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    She's a comming Mamma....GUARANTEED!! No more waiting for the next batch!! I cant imagine how you are feeling right now, I wouldnt be able to concentrate on ANYTHING!!! I'm so glad you have lots of support from you friends & family!! I guess just try and keep busy, get your Xmas stuff done, China shopping stuff and make that packing list (you probably done that). Heck you can even start packing for China to help pass time...lol!! Anyways, I'm waiting with you & you will here me cheer all the way from Saskatchewan when you post Kennedy's picture!!
    ~~HUGS~~

     
  • At 3:41 p.m., November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caroly, I remember those last days before our referrals so well. I was nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time...I am so excited for you and Marvin and I cannot wait to finally lay my eyes on Kennedy!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home