Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The countdown: Day 19...

It's Sunday evening. I've managed to at least get the names written on my report cards this weekend. So, that's a good start. I have a sink load of dishes to do, some school work to do and I need to have my nightly relaxing bath, but for now...it's time to do a little blogging :)

So, if we didn't have enough on our plates already this month...we decided to renovate our bedroom. And I mean ren-o-vate! The drywall is up and our seam-filler has been here a couple of times (Marvin loves to renovate, but seam-filling is one job he hates!)Marvin figures we should be painting the walls by mid-week. Then we need to lay the flooring and pick out a bedroom set. WE've been using Marvin's old set for the last 7 years. I would venture a guess that at least 8 of the 12 Clow children slept in that bed, so safe to say, it's time for a new bedroom set. It's the last room in our house that needs to be done over. It's taken us 7.5 years of a lot of blood, sweat and tears (mostly Marvin's) so it's nice be be almost done. We've also had our house completely re-wired so it is perfect timing for us to go into parenthood with very few renovations left to do!

Less than 20 days left on the countdown! Oh.my.god. I simply cannot wait to see my daughter's face. Everyone is anxious now. My mother is sporting her pin "I can't wait to meet my grandchild from China". She's proud as a peacock strutting around with it on. My sisters are ready to take me shopping in the baby isles, since I cannot figure out what I need, what brand I need and how much I need of anything:)

I think the fact that the wait is going to be over the Christmas holidays is turning out to be very good for us. It will certainly make things go quickly with all the holiday stuff AND I have two weeks off to get organized. I cannot even imagine how long it's going to take us to get packed...I'm not going there...yet!

My friend and co-worker, Trudy, is going in to have her baby girl, Megan, on Tuesday! We cannot wait to have our first play date with Megan.

Congrats to all the January LID's who are now out of the review room, especially our good friends Bryan and Angela!

If anyone is interested in seeing some referral pictures from this last group, go to this link and scroll down to the post entitled "BABIES". There is a whole list of sites that have referral pictures posted. I've looked at every one...they are all adorable!

Have a great week everyone!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:43 p.m., November 06, 2006, Blogger M and M said…

    Holy cow - you must be ready to bounce off the walls in anticipation - I know I am waiting to see picutres. It is amazing how quickly this months referrals were all ready analyzed and we are ready for the next months - YOURS!!

     
  • At 11:06 p.m., November 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Renovating, now is the perfect time:)

     
  • At 9:10 p.m., November 07, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Have fun with the renos! Best part of it will be the new furnature.
    You know what would be a perfect setting for you and Marv to recieve your referral? *Snow* I know you like snow, I somehow remembered that from last year! Don't know what I did yesterday but remembered that!
    Happy referral month!
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 2:46 p.m., November 08, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I love that your mom is wearing that pin. Too cute. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.... I would be a basket case. Hopefully you'll make it through.

    Thinking of you!

    Janet

     
  • At 4:26 p.m., November 08, 2006, Blogger Red Sand said…

    It occurred to me: next is quite different from close or soon, isn't it? Keep breathing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home