Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

What I know...What I don't know...What I wish I knew...The Countdown: Day 33

Wow! It's been an interesting few days in Rumorville. I have the following info to share with you:

What I know:
-Referrals will be arriving the week of October 23rd.
-We will not be receiving our referral this month (never expected to, so that's okay)

What I don't know
-how late into August/05 referrals will go
-if we will definitely get our referral in November
-when we will travel

What I wish I knew
-All of the above :o)

It's very much crunch time now. Conversation at our house is pretty much focused on China. I'm wondering how I'll get through the next month...mainly with work. It's hard to stay focused now and with parent/teacher interviews approaching, I have a ton of work to do.

For all my friends waiting with me, here's a question for you:
They couldn't possibly take 4 months to get out of August, could they? Last month, they did to the 9th, this month possibly the 23/24, and next month into September, right? If they cut us off at August 30th in November...I just am not prepared for that. And what would that mean for everyone else, like the 2006 LIDers? I want to hear what you're all thinking...

8 Comments:

  • At 6:14 p.m., October 22, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    I have been reading RQ too as I too am wondering when you will get your referral! I know how hard it is to have to just sit and wait...not knowing when it will come and not a darn thing you can do about it! I don't even have any advice for you...because I don't know how I'm doing it myself! I have learned alot of lessons throughout this process...one is to be patient. Of course there will be days that are lower than others...but keep your chin up, because the one sure thing in the adoption process...is that you WILL get your baby. And someday when you look back to this time in your life, you will say "It was all worth it"!

    Take care, your day is coming soon!
    Big hugs! - Nat

     
  • At 10:42 p.m., October 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn, it's a good time you are going to be busy with stuff at school. That will keep your mind of things. I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better; you just want to hold Kennedy in your arms forever... You know that it WILL happen, and when it does it will be so much more wonderful and amazing than you could have ever imagined. Sending hugs your way...

     
  • At 1:24 a.m., October 23, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    An April LID'er piping up here to say they better get cracking soon on these refferrals!! lol

    Ohhh hearing you speak about how your house is "all things China" right now makes me get soooo excited for you!!!! It's coming!! I hope it goes quickly for you! I'm sure these last few months of waiting is the worst!!

     
  • At 9:25 p.m., October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am hoping 100x over for the speed up that we have heard so often about in Rumourville. Remember when the CCAA was touring the world so many agencies then said that the Director had said they would let the wait go over a year/14 months. PLEASE let it speed up for you for all of us.

     
  • At 1:33 a.m., October 24, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    AAAAHHHHH! I want to know now.....!!!!!

     
  • At 10:14 a.m., October 24, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    You are wiser than you know Carolyn, guard your heart and keep your eyes on the goal, you are almost at the finish line of the wait and that is very encouraging for me and any others who are in the beginning of the wait.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I am very hopeful and praying for it to happen Nov. for you and Cathrine's sake. Plus I'll like to have my LID already LOL.
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 8:50 p.m., October 24, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Dear Carolyn...you are doing AMAZING!!!! Everyone...you should see her at work...she is a powerhouse I can barely keep up!!! I hope and pray that everything moves along speedily for you, for me and for all of us. Waiting is the hardest thing in the world for me... patience, patience, patience (my personal life mantra)
    Love ya
    Jen

     
  • At 9:55 p.m., October 24, 2006, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said…

    Okay, I can't believe Jen just called me a "powerhouse". If you want a powerhouse, go check out her blog...she's got big news. Give her another year...she'll be the amazing one. Love ya Jen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home