Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

An Update and...The Countdown continues:Day 23

The latest update on referrals is that they are now enroute to agencies and should start to arrive tomorrow. Now, this is the "October" referrals and it is now known that they have reached August 24th for sure. The official cut-off date has not be announced, but I'm thinking August 24th is probably it.

You know what that means, don't you all? It is now NOVEMBER! This is the month we've been waiting for. Now realistically, because October referrals were a little late, November referrals could be a little late. It's hard to say really because as RQ reports, there's no real rhyme or reason to how they issue referrals. So we'll continue with the countdown and hope that we're somewhere in that ballpark.

I'm gonna just say it...

WE'RE NEXT!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:53 p.m., November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY!! Carolyn, I always check your blog every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up. I've never written because I didn't know how to do it but I think I can do this under "anonymous". I will be so happy for you and Marvin when you get the referral!! Steph :o)

     
  • At 6:59 p.m., November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn, I read your blog every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up. I've never written because I tried it before and I couldn't get it to work. This is my second time tonight, trying again!! I will be so happy for you and Marvin when you get your referral. Can't wait to meet you at the airport on your return!! Steph :o)

     
  • At 10:24 p.m., November 01, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    14 months wow congrats the wait is almost over! I can't believe your countdown is at 23 already, give or take. You'll be able to put a picture of Kennedy on your Christmas tree this year! Here's hoping for a speedy TA afterwards.
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 11:19 p.m., November 02, 2006, Blogger Melissa said…

    I really, really hope they go with 15 days at least of LID's. You are definitely next. I'm a maybe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home