Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Countdown: Day 30

Well, it seems like I'm saying a lot of the same thing these days...As it sits right now, we are still waiting to hear the cut-off date for this month. We are confident that it is atleast to August 23rd, but possibly August 24th. Beyond that? I don't think so but anything is possible. If they complete August 24, which was a day with tons of files logged in, I'm confident we will get our referral at the end of November. Breathe in...breathe out.

I started looking at a "packing list" tonight. That should be interesting. That's where my mother is going to come in very handy. I pile everything up and she'll neatly pack it for me. That's her thing. I was quickly overwhelmed by how much "stuff" we need to take, how much "stuff" we need to buy and how much I still have to figure out about looking after our baby on the other side of the world, for two weeks, when my mama is not a phone call away. Yikes!

Initially, we thought we'd be travelling spring/summer 2006. So we bought lots of summer clothes. Nope. We need winter clothes and we have NONE! So once we find out her size/age we will need to go shopping.

Thanks to all those people who keep patting us on the back and cheering us on. We're at the point now where we love every little question and every bit of encouragement. It feels close and exciting. It's so good to share it with everyone.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 a.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't believe how close you are getting. I am finding myself checking your Blog every day to see the news!

    Love
    Marlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home