Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Back into the hosptial...The countdown: Day 13


Dad got the call he's been waiting for to go back into the hospital for his second knee replacement (on the same knee!) We are glad it has finally come so that he will be home and have some mobility by Christmas. The hardest part is that he has to have the surgery done in Moncton City Hospital, as that is where his hemotologist is, and he wants to keep a close on on dad (because of his Hemophilia). I will be taking him and mom over on Tuesday, but won't be able to go back until Saturday. I find that very difficult. I like to be able to check in on him, just for my own piece of mind, but that's impossible with him so far away. For my blogger friends who live across Canada and in the U.S., the hospital is in another province and we have to pay a $40 toll to leave our island so it gets costly. The good side of all this is...Ummmm...I can do all my worrying in the same week???? Parent-teacher interviews, referral rumors and dad's surgery! Seriously, though, I know dad is anxious to get this done and please PRAY that there are no complications this time and he can get as much mobility as possible.

There are no real rumors circulating yet. Rumor Queen is predicting that referrals will start to arrive somewhere between November 27th and December 8th. Since this is when they may arrive, I'm thinking the rumor mill should start heating up the week of the 20th. OMG, I cannot believe it still!

The countdown is now at day 13. That would bring us to November 24. Now I realize it's VERY unlikely we will have our referral by then, but my goal is that we will know something by then.

I feel like I may be coming down with something. My chest is very heavy and my back is sore in that same area. I've had a headache for a couple of days which I think may be related to a bit of stuffiness in my sinuses. I really don't want to be sick this week. I know I'm under a teeny, tiny bit of stress, so who knows what is happening to my body.

So now, I ask you for all kinds of good vibes going to my dad. He is first on my list of concerns right now. Everything else will fall into place...

7 Comments:

  • At 1:36 a.m., November 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thinking of your dad sending lots of healthy thoughts his way.

     
  • At 6:40 p.m., November 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are keeping your dad in our thoughts and prayers!! And lots to you and Marvin for strength to get through these next couple of weeks....happy and positive thoughts your way!!!
    Sue, Marty and Darcie

     
  • At 7:43 p.m., November 12, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I really hope your Dad does well with his surgery! And I'm thinking of you as you have this "week of worrying". :-) DON'T GET SICK! :-)

     
  • At 12:25 p.m., November 13, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Praying for your dad, hope it goes better than the first knee.
    Hope you feel better soon, get some rest and sleeeeeeppp slooow.
    Only a dozen days to go on countdown!

     
  • At 2:58 p.m., November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sending hugs your way and LOTS of good thoughts for your dad.

     
  • At 7:36 p.m., November 14, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    Wow!! I'm getting sooo excited for you!!

    I hope your dads surgery goes well. I was on a student exchange trip in grade 11 years ago and we went to Moncton from Alberta! We also visited PEI. It's sooooo beautiful there!!!

    Give your dad big blessings from us!!

     
  • At 8:30 a.m., November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope all goes well with your Dad's surgery.

    Take care
    Love
    Marlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home