Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

L-o-n-g Day The Countdown: Day 8 (Single digits!)

What a long day it has been. Let's just say I could never do 12 hour shifts like I did today. I have a lot of respect for nurses!

Parent-teacher interviews are going along okay. Let's just say, for the most part, parents are very supportive of what we do in the classroom and were very open to hearing about their child's progress, both the good and the not-so-good. It's always so nice to meet the parents and have them share little tidbits about their child. After all, I spend 6 hours per day with their child, so it's nice for us to get together and talk about what's happening. Five more interviews tomorrow.

Dad had his surgery today. Mom just called. He's in a lot of pain, but that is normal at this point. He'll probably have a couple of days of being quite uncomfortable. The doctor did say that everything went well, so that's good. I'm glad it's over. Can't wait to see him on Saturday. Thanks for all the good vibes everybody!

Natalie and Daniel are on their way to China tomorrow to bring home Mei Lin! Stop on over to their site to follow their journey!

No rumors cirulating yet for us. The countdown is now into single digits. Here's to hoping we know something by then. Realistically, I don't think we'll actually have the referral in our hands until the week of December 4th. But I can wait because I know it's just around the corner!


12 Comments:

  • At 12:57 a.m., November 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there chicky,
    What a night.... you are truly a professional! I hope Kennedy inherits her mother's composure:) I hope she will realize one day (after the teen days of course) what an awesome mommy she has (it's our duty to embarass them until then though). I have to forward you an email I got today about "mean mommys:). Maybe you got it, but it really hit home to me. I want to be a "mean mommy"! Give me your email. Little Kennedy is only whispers away from knowing that she has a forever family who loves her and who has been counting the seconds until they can take her home (for us to maul....) See ya in the morning mommy:)
    Hollo:)

     
  • At 12:58 a.m., November 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there chicky,
    What a night.... you are truly a professional! I hope Kennedy inherits her mother's composure:) I hope she will realize one day (after the teen days of course) what an awesome mommy she has (it's our duty to embarass them until then though). I have to forward you an email I got today about "mean mommys:). Maybe you got it, but it really hit home to me. I want to be a "mean mommy"! Give me your email. Little Kennedy is only whispers away from knowing that she has a forever family who loves her and who has been counting the seconds until they can take her home (for us to maul....) See ya in the morning mommy:)
    Hollo:)

     
  • At 1:16 p.m., November 17, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    Hoping your Dad gets well very soon! Hoping that you can "keep it together" until you get that precious phone call.....:-) Wishing you ALL the VERY best!

    Janet

     
  • At 1:48 p.m., November 17, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    You better have that referral in your hand at the airport!!!

    See you soon!
    Nat

     
  • At 12:50 a.m., November 18, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Phew...we made it through the last two days. I agree I do like to have these meetings with parents to share and discuss with parents what their children are learning. I think we are doing pretty good.
    The count down is ON!
    Love ya ...rest and rejuvenate this week-end.
    Loove,
    Jen

     
  • At 7:55 p.m., November 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn and Marvin,
    I'm so anxious for you guys! I know how excited you are feeling right now and the butterflies are in your stomach full force now! What a moment to finally see your daughter's face. I am so excited to see her picture and hear all about her!!!!
    Tammy & Chris MacKinnon

     
  • At 9:04 p.m., November 18, 2006, Blogger M and M said…

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

     
  • At 9:55 p.m., November 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn, I can't believe that the countdown is in the single digits. Even if it comes the first week of December, that is still only weeks away. I cannot wait to see where and your baby is!!!

     
  • At 1:10 p.m., November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope your dad starts to feel better and has less pain soon.
    We are counting down with you.....
    I cant wait to see an update from Natalie and Daniel...

     
  • At 12:00 p.m., November 20, 2006, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Hope your dad is feeling better. Down to the single digits...YIPPEE!! I'm cheering right here with you for that referral of Miss. Kennedy!!

     
  • At 1:37 a.m., November 21, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    Ohhhhh how exciting!!!

    Soooo happy for your dad!! Hope he is up and about feeling great soon!

    Can't wait to share in your good news!!

    Dawn

     
  • At 11:47 a.m., November 21, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    4 more days!!!!!!
    YIPPPPPPPY! Hoping for news by then!

    How is your papa doing, is he feeling better these last few days?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home