Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Updates... The Countdown: Day 3

It's Tuesday evening. I'm going over finances, which is never fun at my house, while my husband is out shopping. So, safe to say, while I'm trying to find money, he's probably spending some. He is a man who loves to shop. One of the things I love about him.

Dad is doing well. Everything is going as hoped so that's a good thing. I'm sure it's a long week for him. He won't be having any visitors until the weekend. Marvin and I are going over on Saturday. We will visit dad and probably...shop. I did enough shopping last weekend, so I may just hang out with dad and let Marvin do some shopping.

Absolutely no rumors about referrals circulating yet. I'm expecting rumors next week and referral the next. Day 3 on the countdown. Looks like the countdown will probably end with no real information to give. The countdown was really intended just to get us to the end of this road...and it has. We're up next for sure.

I know I keep saying this, but reality has not set in yet. I wonder if I'll faint when I see that picture? I just don't know. My emotions are playing tricks on me. I'm not in the mental place I thought I'd be. But when I sit down and think about everything that's happening, it's so overwhelming, so very overwhelming. The next two weeks will be interesting, to say the least!

Kennedy is now the proud owner of her first snowsuit. Chocolate brown with a pink and brown hat to match. Now I have to buy her the pink booties that I've been looking at...chocolate brown is my FAVORITE color (my bridesmaids dresses were that color). I hope Kennedy likes it too!

Renovations to our bedroom are almost complete. Walls are painted, floor is down and new furniture arrived. We just need some window dressings and a new comforter for our bed. What an improvement!

Unfortunately, there is no news from Daniel and Natalie yet. I'll direct you when I hear something. I've been stalking their blog for 3 days. I know internet can be sketchy in some places so perhaps they're having difficulty or maybe they have their hands full???????? A definite possibility!


Have a great week everyone!
Carolyn

8 Comments:

  • At 9:02 p.m., November 21, 2006, Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said…

    Carolyn are you losing your mind yet?? You know FORSURE you are up for referral. I am going insane here and not even sure if we are going to get referral. Our LID is Sep 7 so according to RQ we should (fingers crossed)

    I am here stalking the net just trying to pass another evening away. I just keep thinking one more sleep and I'll see a rumour.

    Let's hope we see our babies faces soon :-)

    Deb

     
  • At 9:12 p.m., November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn!
    I am so excited for you and Marvin. It just hit me that when you get back from China I won't be able to live vicariously through your blog. I suppose I will just have to visit often while you are on maternity leave! I can't wait to see your picture of Kennedy, that will be an exciting day! Take care and see you tomorrow! Love Rebecca

     
  • At 10:48 p.m., November 21, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Wow you are a busy girl no wonder reality hasn't set in! I'm sure everything in your world will stop spinning when you see Kennedy's picture, I hope time stands still for that first few moments when you at last gaze at her little face.
    I can't wait to see her!

     
  • At 10:48 p.m., November 21, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Wow you are a busy girl no wonder reality hasn't set in! I'm sure everything in your world will stop spinning when you see Kennedy's picture, I hope time stands still for that first few moments when you at last gaze at her little face.
    I can't wait to see her!

     
  • At 12:11 a.m., November 22, 2006, Blogger M and M said…

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that the referrals will come QUICKLY!!!

     
  • At 8:28 a.m., November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chocolate Brown and pink! What a great combination. Kennedy will look beautiful. And no wonder Brown is your favorite color. You look gorgeous in it!
    Can't wait to hear more about bringing Kennedy home.

    Love to all
    Marlene and Chuck

     
  • At 1:35 p.m., November 22, 2006, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Your down to days until you see sweet Kennedy's face. I too dont know how I will react once I see that picture!! I know it will be an emotional reaction though. The snowsuit sounds very cute!! I love chocolate brown too...lets see some fun pictures of it and all your "shoppy".
    Hope you dont have too much longer to wait...fingers & toes crossed for you!!

     
  • At 8:11 p.m., November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It wont be long and you will be posting your referral photo!!!!

    Glad to hear that your dad is doing alright.

    Post some pics of your purchases, the snowsuit and the renovations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home