Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Collecting my thoughts....

It's midnight. Marvin is gone to work the night shift. I'm looking at all the new referrals that have come out...WHERE IS OURS??? I'm a little scared. RQ is reporting that there have been a few people missed (no referral sent), but that's just a few around the whole world (perspective). I know I'm letting crazy thoughts enter my head, but this process does that to you. I called Marv at work. He's telling me to stay positive. I'm trying...

We received an e-mail from our agency. They state that there are 25 people in our group to travel to China. 16 from Ontario, 3 from Alberta, 4 from Saskatchewan, 2 from PEI. They receive the referrals for the Ontario people, while ours comes to PEI first. From what they have received so far, the babies are from Jiangxi Province and Guangdong Province. They said we'll discuss travel arrangements early next week. I'm sure this will just be possible dates as we won't have confirmed dates until CCAA sends them to us. Many of the baby referrals that I have seen so far are older...some age 2 or close to 2. It will be interesting to find out all of that information.

Gotta get to bed. I promise I will find out something on Monday. I'm going to start ringing some phones!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

I ALMOST FORGOT: I was driving home tonight and just as I got to the turn near my house, I looked up on the Apple Autoglass sign and it said:

"WELCOME HOME MEI LIN ARSENAULT"
Mei Lin is coming home tomorrow. I came home and cried telling Marvin about the sign. Everyone is so anxious to see this precious girl! We're heading to the airport tomorrow afternoon.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:58 a.m., December 02, 2006, Blogger Red Sand said…

    Keep thinking positive thoughts. We'll see you at the airport.

    Sam

     
  • At 8:41 a.m., December 02, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    AHhHHH! You poor dear! I feel for you. The weekend will go by and you'll have her picture before you know it, Canada Post sends alot more mail to Ontairo than PEI so perhaps they wait till the baggage is full before they send it here!
    See you at the airport,
    Go have a nice long hot bath, and think about good things.
    BIG HUGS

     
  • At 10:07 a.m., December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn,

    When we received our referral, the people in our group out West got them a few days before us, don't panic Kennedy is coming!! Just like Isabella, on her own time!!LOL

    Oh I hope you go to Jiangxi Province, maybe even Nanchang where we were. If so, You will need therapy lessons before you go on "How to Survive Wal-Mart", 3 floors, 75 cashes all lined up!!!!!

    Can't wait to read your blog next week and see Kennedy's sweet little face.!! Thinking of you and Marvin, and remember you will forget all this stress of waiting as soon as you see her face. Well worth it!!!!!!!!

    Hugs
    Cindy

     
  • At 12:55 p.m., December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am hoping that our provinicial office phones you bright and early on Monday..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home