Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Friday, November 24, 2006

What to expect in the next two weeks...

Thank you to Tammy for giving me the low-down on how the whole referral process will work when they finally do arrive:

Our referral comes directly to the province. They then send it to FOI (our agency in Ottawa) for translation. This takes about a week. Then it comes back to the province and then to us.

I guess I'm okay with waiting at this point. However, I don't really understand why they cannot scan the photo and e-mail it to us at least. I'm assuming that the reasoning is the provincial people want to go over the translated version and "okay" it before we see it. So be it. We will be patient.

If all goes well, we hope to see our baby's picture before the weekend of December 9-10. Just in time for my Christmas party with these great chicks:



Enjoy the weekend everyone.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 p.m., November 24, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    I was showing my hubby Dale this morning a video of someone seeing their daughters refferral photo for the first time via email AS they were on the phone still with their agency.

    I told him that I don't think BC works that way here eaither. I believe we have to be translated and everything first in Victoria. Makes our wait just that much longer again!! lol

    It'll be soooo soon for you though!!! Can't wait!!!

    Dawn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home