Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kennedy's care package

We put this picture inside the box so that they would immediately know who it belonged to. She is in foster care so we hope it will get to her safe and sound.

Photo album that my friend Trudy picked up for us. We filled it with pics so that Kennedy can look at us while she waits.


These are the items we sent in her care package: camera, candy for her foster family, cuddle blanket and photo album. Her name is attached to everything to be sure it gets to her.


A photo of Yu caijiao with her name under it in magnetic letters and mommy and daddy beside it.


A photo of many of the children from China who have come home to PEI, along with some of their siblings. A photo of Yazzy, her dog.


A photo of Grammie and Grampie Milligan on the left and Grammie Clow on the right.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:25 p.m., December 16, 2006, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    Hey, that's my back yard!! Cool! Love the magnets!!

    So, do you have any idea of how to pronounce Kennedy's chinese name yet??

    So excited for you!
    Nat

     
  • At 11:15 a.m., December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that picture of the two of you together! I am very excited for you!

     
  • At 1:40 p.m., December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the idea of sending a care package. It brings tears to my eyes seeing your picture beside your daughters! God bless you all as you make the journey to meet your daughter.

     
  • At 8:55 p.m., December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is lovely, I am sure she is going to love her little surprises and the foster family is going to enjoy showing her. I cry every time I see your blog now, tears of joy though.

     
  • At 8:55 p.m., December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is lovely, I am sure she is going to love her little surprises and the foster family is going to enjoy showing her. I cry every time I see your blog now, tears of joy though.

     
  • At 11:33 p.m., December 17, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Thanks for sharing that. Very useful idea to keep in mind for the future...Trudy is the best gift buyer, she spoils you! I love the photo album...it is so sweet!
    I love seeing the picture of Kennedy beside you guys, can't wait to see the combination!
    Love you,
    Jen

     
  • At 3:20 p.m., December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the care package! It's soooon, now! This Christmas will be your last without Kennedy! Makes it kind of bittersweet, doesn't it?

     
  • At 5:07 p.m., December 18, 2006, Blogger Dawn and Dale said…

    Wonderful package!!!

    We have 2 of those same Who Loves Baby photo albums just waiting to be filled!!

    I've read somewhere that many choose to make two as sometimes the first one gets "lost" or not returned when you go to pick up your child but yet when you show them the duplicate one you've brought along with you, the babies will recognize the album as they usually have been given it to look at before!

     
  • At 6:38 p.m., December 20, 2006, Blogger Shea said…

    Hi Carolyn and Marvin,

    I sent the same photo album to Caihua! I bought it many months ago, thinking that it would be perfect for a care package. No big deal if the babies chew on it or get it wet. I had a hard time choosing which photos I should put in the album. I hope we get some good pics back from the camera.

    Shea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home