Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday, February 7th 10:30 in China

I decided to title this with the date because, truthfully, I cannot keep track of the day here, the day in PEI, the time difference etc. Also, I get up so early in the morning that I can't remember if I posted today or yesterday or what. So here it is...another day in the life of Kennedy...

today, we went to an amusement park. We stayed for about 1.5 hours. It was very nice to get out and about. The weather was warm. Marv and I wore short sleeves. That drew some attention. The locals are dressed like you all back on PEI in -30 degree weather. That's so interesting to me. The local babies in the park we bundled like you wouldn't believe. All the babies wear "split pants". That is the pants have a huge split in the crotch. So big that you can see their bums when they walk. When they need to "go", they just go. No need for diapers! We were told that all our babies are potty trained. Just put them on the potty, whistle and they go. This has happened for several families in the group, but not our girl. We tried it, but she didn't go. so diapers it is for us!

For lunch we went to a local chinese restaurant...there's a big round "lazy susan" type thing in the middle of the table. Our guide ordered us a bunch of different dishes and they take them out and put them on the table. We all scoop from it into our own plates. It wasn't bad, but I'm not really into the authentic chinese food. I just don't have a taste for it. But I'm not starving either. A little here and there is enough to get by.

Back to gotcha day, the experience of being in that building witnessing all those babies coming in with their caretakers is something I will never forget. Ofcourse, all I can think of is the other babies that don't have homes yet. It's an overwhelming feeling to think of all the babies left behind.

Kennedy continues to be a complete angel. Days would be long with a screaming child, but this girl is pleasant always. She's a joy to take out and about. Loves to socialize. She had 2 friends over to play tonight: Bryn and Caia.

Here are some pics. Hope you enjoy them.
Loving hearing from you all.
xox from China.
All bundled up at the park

Local man and his baby talking to Kennedy

Kennedy and I at the Chinese restaurant

Local ladies talking to Kennedy

Falling asleep on Daddy's shoulder

Asleep in my stroller...when I'm asleep, nothing wakes me up!

Mommy and Kennedy

Trying on my ladybug hat from Bryan and Angela. I love it!

Asleep...again. Mom takes lots of pics of me sleeping.

Kevin and Catherine talking with the locals.

Strike a pose...

Happy baby!

15 Comments:

  • At 11:18 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks like you have been together forever! Love the red hat. Leah

     
  • At 11:34 a.m., February 07, 2007, Blogger Deb said…

    Greats pics. She looks very content. I love the one of her sleeping with the little smile on her face.
    I heard something on CBC the other day and I just have to ask....have you seen many people spitting??? I heard that they do that alot there and it is something they are trying to controle. I guess they do it because they think it is gross/unclean to swallow. I'm glad I had the heads up about it cause I hate seeing people spit.

     
  • At 11:34 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great to se all the pics , Hi from 110 milton.. Mom saw some pic I printed off and some reading material. Lots of cold weather hrere, had the blower out once. Love the videos

    Dale

     
  • At 11:36 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow,
    What a happy little muffin! Oh I am excited that you posted again, I was going through withdrawl! I know that you are tired and busy, but I just love to see pics of your girl! So excited to meet her. Keep the postings coming!
    Love,
    Angie xo

     
  • At 11:39 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Filled with joy for you all! love the clips!!!Cute outfits!! Love Crystal

     
  • At 11:56 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favourite pic is the one of Kennedy in her red hat. Her face is so sweet, beautiful peaches and cream complexion. She is such a little honey. Carolyn, we are so lucky/fortunate/blessed eh? It's so clear that life takes us down certain paths for a reason, often unknown to us.
    Is she fast asleep right now? Is she being absolutely adorable?
    Thinking of you,
    Steph :o)

     
  • At 12:08 p.m., February 07, 2007, Blogger Chris, Tammy and the gang! said…

    hi guys!
    I love reading your updates...it makes me feel like I'm back there! Isn't it wonderful to experience it all?! The food is so great, too. The pictures of Kennedy are sweet. We're glad to hear she is doing so well. Oh well about the potty-training!
    Continue to have fun!!

    Chris, Tammy, Caleb, Dylan & Alyssa

     
  • At 12:22 p.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the pink on her. Love the red hat...made me giggle out loud. And of course, I love the little hair accessories. Too cute! The pictures couldn't be cuter - she couldn't be cuter!

    Amy

     
  • At 12:30 p.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The pictures make me want to squeeze her to death!! Love the hair clip. She and Paige will be able to share. Paige thinks she looks great in pink but really...she looks great in everything!!

    xoxox
    Kim

     
  • At 3:36 p.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn and Marvin,
    Oh my gosh! She is so cute! We can't wait to meet her. She looks so content and happy.
    We love looking at the updates. The girls and I race to the computer. (I usually win!)

    Potty trained?? Are you serious. Perhaps we have something to be learned???? Anyway, Diapers are good!

    Take care and have a safe trip back to PEI!

    Hugs and Kisses
    Kelly, Bernie, Lauren and Keirsten

     
  • At 4:55 p.m., February 07, 2007, Blogger J Brant said…

    Yipeeeee...I just got back from the doctor (nothing new) and Crystal called to check on me and she told me you had posted so I was off upstairs to check...are those by any chance the hairclips I got for her....I hope so, because they look sooooo sweet! All the pics are adorable. I love the pink sweater she looks so cozy cuddly. What a beautiful baby!!!!!
    Take care and keep up the great posting!

     
  • At 7:05 p.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lovvve seeing kennedy in the clothes you got her.... she looks sweet in pink, and red and well every color. interesting to hear how they raise their babies in china but i think i will stick to diapers with the little ones i look after. glad your having nice weather and so much fun bonding. don't forget to eat and sleep so you stay healthy for the rest of your journey. Tracy M

     
  • At 9:05 p.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks like Kennedy is warming up to mommy more! LOVE seeing pictures of you guys together!

     
  • At 11:41 p.m., February 07, 2007, Blogger Rhonda said…

    I love the pics. SO CUTE! She looks very comfortable with you.

     
  • At 2:57 p.m., February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She is so sweet, Carolyn. I love all the pictures, video's and updates. It takes me right back...And yes, I agree....she looks like you :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home