Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Home for one month

Yes, we've been home from China for one month. It seems like much longer than that in so many ways. It feels like so long ago that we were in China and even longer ago that Kennedy was passed into my arms. It's hard to believe that she was with someone else for 10 months. I think of how much she's changed in just one month...and how much she must have changed in those 10 months with her foster family. I wish they, and her birth family, could now how well she's doing now...

Since coming home, Kennedy has learned so many things. Uncle Mark taught her to feed herself. Aunt Kimmy D. taught her how to patty-cake. She sways when she hears music. She waves bye-bye and says bye-bye. She sits independently. She insists on feeding herself and refuses most things that are delivered by spoon :) She sleeps through the night, almost always :) She loves being with people. Her daddy puts her to sleep every night. We cannot imagine life without her ofcourse. We often just look at each other and say how much we love her...it's like so many people told us...they made a perfect match when they made us Kennedy's forever family...

6 Comments:

  • At 8:59 p.m., March 16, 2007, Blogger Cari said…

    Has it already been one month? Wow. Sounds like Kennedy is just thriving! I loved the pics of your baby shower too - I hope to be at my school one day with my daughter.

    Cari

     
  • At 12:39 a.m., March 17, 2007, Blogger Monica said…

    Sounds like you're enjoying every moment ... I know the feeling!

     
  • At 10:15 a.m., March 17, 2007, Blogger Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said…

    she is such a sweetie!! And hey...whats with everyone getting their little ones to sleep through the night?? I'm so jealous! We've had Mei Lin for 4 months now (oh my god!) and we are still up all night with her!! Do you know any good remedies for bags under the eyes?? Ha Ha! I love every minute of it!

     
  • At 3:58 p.m., March 17, 2007, Blogger Shea said…

    Like Monica said, I know the feeling! What a miracle and a blessing our babies are. I do think Kennedy is a perfect Clow. She has such a wonderful personality. You were meant to be together.

     
  • At 5:32 p.m., March 17, 2007, Blogger J Brant said…

    she is perfect and perfect for you guys...she is so engaging and bright. She hasthe best giggle and she is adorable...Happy 1 month!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:15 p.m., March 17, 2007, Blogger Rae said…

    A whole month! Isn't that amazing? I'd like to know your trick for getting Kennedy to sleep through the night. If Bryn doesn't stop getting up at 3 a.m. I'll be needing a "lift" soon!

    Miss you guys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home