Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Approaching Milestones

Wow! Where does the time go? When we're in the thick of the wait, each day seems to drag by, however, looking back I wonder where the time has gone? This has been the wait of our lives. We've waited for no other "event" like we've waited for this: our baby to finally come home with us. Some significant milestones are now upon us.

August 23, 2005: This is the date that our dossier left Canada headed for China. We were sooooo excited about this. Excited, excited, excited! We celebrated. We went out to dinner and talked about what our life would be like with Kennedy, about the trip, about what we needed to do to get ready. I still remember that excited feeling.

August 31, 2005: This is the date that our file was logged in at the China Centre of Adoption Affairs. This is a very important date because it puts you in chronological order for a referral. Now, we didn't find out our log in date until early in December, so ofcourse, we celebrated again! At this point we thought that we'd be travelling in the spring/summer. Boy were we in for a surprise...

Now here it is: August 22, 2006. It has been 17 months since we started this entire process and one year since our request for a baby arrived in China. The question now is how much longer?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 p.m., August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang on to that excited feeling you had a year ago. You have more to be excited about now more than ever. Kennedy is soooo close to being here and finally there will be no more waiting and wondering.

    xo
    Amy

     
  • At 7:22 p.m., August 22, 2006, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I hope it's not much longer. The wait seems an eternity, doesn't it?

    Janet T.

     
  • At 7:44 p.m., August 22, 2006, Blogger RoLo said…

    Isnt this just the most amazing wondeful and yet nerve wrecking journey? Your time is coming it wont be toooooo much longer:)

     
  • At 11:57 p.m., August 23, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    cool you were DTC the week we decided on out destiny to adopt from China! I think that the past year went by fast but the next will probably slow down.
    I am getting anxious for you guys, I'm getting to the point of holding my breath when I check your blog incase I see a picture of Kennedy! I think I better put my klenex box on my desk cause I think it's gonna happen really soon.!!
    *HUGABUGS*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home