Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday afternoon

Well, it's Sunday afternoon and I am enjoying some time by myself so I thought I'd write about a few things...
Dad is doing well. His surgery went as planned. I spent Tuesday-Thursday with him, then went back over yesterday. Kim and Amy (my sisters) are with him today and I think I'll head back over tomorrow. There is a possibility that he will be able to come to the hospital here in Summerside early this week so that would be AWESOME! Much closer and he would have many more people to visit him (he and I are running out of things to talk about)! So now he needs 6 weeks of antibiotics followed by at least 6 more weeks of no antibiotics to be sure the infection doesn't return (he had a knee replacement that became infected). THEN, he will return to Moncton for another full knee replacement.

Since I was in Moncton, I dialed up my friend Angela and we went out for lunch. Angela and her husband, Bryan, are waiting for Ella so needless to say we had tons to talk about.

Three more weeks before I return to work! I just can't believe it. It's all good though because we are anxious to get into the fall months and closer to our baby girl. I always enjoy the beginning of the school year anyhow. It's crazy busy but lots of fun getting to know the new kiddies.

This week Marvin's family will begin arriving home for Lori and Jeff's wedding. All of Marvin's siblings will be here (there are 12 children including him). Let me just throw out a few key words: celebration, parties, drinks, food, lack of sleep, fun, fun and more fun. It's going to be great to have everyone together because it doesn't happen very often (weddings and funerals). Oh, how I wish Kennedy was here to meet everyone.....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home