Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Countdown: 28 Days

I cannot believe we are down to 28 days. This time has passed very quickly for us. I wasn't sure if it would seem long, after seeing Kennedy's face for the first time, but with the holidays and all, we're now feeling the pressure to get our butts in gear and start packing.

We think we have enough clothes for Kennedy for the trip. We're still basically guessing at her size, based on the information we received. The report suggests she was 15lbs. at 5 months, however, it is very common to find that the babies are smaller than indicated on their records. On the other hand, I have read the odd story of people getting babies much bigger than they expected. Kennedy does look strong and healthy in her pictures, so we're going with the 6-12 month range of clothes for now. We're trying to stick to just buying what we need for now, until we get to her and see how big or small she really is. Then we'll go shopping when we get home.

We had our last appointment with the travel clinic today and got several prescriptions to take with us just in case of sickness on our part or for Kennedy. I still have another meeting with public health for a couple of other shots. It's all a bit more than I expected, but better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

Thank you to our friends Angela and Bryan for the lovely "referral" gifts they sent our way. We cannot wait until it is their turn to do all this...sometime this fall, hopefully.

Thank you to Monette for the baby gates...time to child-proof the house, I know. A few of my friends have been on my case about this!LOL Soon enough the rail will be on the stairs and the gates will be in place...soon.

Off to watch Team Canada vs. Russia...then on to Charlottetown tonight for a get-together with my girlfriends.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home