Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

First Day Off / The Countdown: 8 days to Travel, 11 days to Kennedy!

Today was my first offical day off work. We slept in until 9:00! Getting all the sleep we can, while we can. Then off to the bank to finish up some business. I met Jen for lunch. We felt like two school girls skipping class! It's hard to believe we've taught side-by-side for 4.5 years and now we're off at the same time. It's the best really. We cannot wait to have our babies home and do some playdates together. Marvin and I also went shopping and bought new sneakers for our trip. We were both in desperate need of footwear that would get us through the trip. We are only bringing one pair of footwear each so hopefully they will be comfortable with all the touring we will be doing.

Last night we went to Charlottetown to have supper with Marty and Sue. It was so nice to get together with them. We don't do it often enough, that's for sure. Thanks for the great evening guys!

So it's about time to start packing the bags. I'll keep you posted on the progress. The challenging part is that the restricitions on weight are different from Canada to Beijing and then Beijing to Nanchang so we have to leave basically half of our luggage behind in Beijing. Also, we just found out that for our first night in Beijing, we may only have our carry-ons available to us since we are flying out the very next morning. Are you confused? I am. I'm terrified to put something that I will NEED in a bag I won't have access to for awhile. Anyhow, lots of people have done it before us, so I'm sure we'll figure it all out...

Gotta do some tidying and get ready for the women's final of the Australian Open at 10:30...my days of watching 3 hour tennis matches may be coming to a halt. Hope Kennedy is a sports fan like us.

For those hoping for snow tomorrow (you know who you are), my fingers are crossed!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:51 p.m., January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn, I know you will love your trip and it sounds like you are well prepared. Since "gold" is my 3rd colour, (after blue, then of course, my orange), I only packed the morning I left for China (both times I went!). Thank goodness for Trev - he's the planner!! You guys will love China. I am so excited for you to meet Kennedy, for you to see her little feet, for you to see her sleeping, for every first moment. I will be thinking so much about you guys over the next few weeks. Stephanie, Trev, and the girls :o)

     
  • At 9:38 p.m., January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a great first day off work!

    See you soon!

    Monica

     
  • At 10:57 p.m., January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See you in Beijing :-)

    Deb
    (3 more sleeps)

     
  • At 10:59 p.m., January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See you in Beijing :-)

    Deb
    (3 more sleeps)

     
  • At 8:21 a.m., January 26, 2007, Blogger Red Sand said…

    Are you list-crazy yet? I'm so excited for you guys. And a little jealous for the sleeping in, but I guess I'll be enjoying that this weekend, so it could be worse... Enjoy your last few days of quiet!

     
  • At 10:07 a.m., January 26, 2007, Blogger J Brant said…

    I loved our long and relaxing dinner. At first I felt like I was playing hookey...but then I thought hey just look at my belly. I am sooo excited and thrilled and living this experience vicariously through you so keep posting and recording and saving all important info and hints for when I may need them. I love ya girlfriend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home