Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

3 days of work/ 13 days to departure/ 16 days to Kennedy Joy!

I know I haven't been diligent with posting lately...it feels like I don't know what to say anymore...I'm obsessing on my countdowns ofcourse:) I've had two baby showers which were very exciting. My friends at school are as excited as we are. Our families are counting down with us...my mother is on standby, waiting for me to finish work so we can start the major task of packing...I have two best friends (Leah and Jen) who are getting ready to have babies...I'm guessing they'll both be born while we're away. We'll be anxiously awaiting e-mail updates on them. We met with our friends the Gillis Family for pizza and China tips last week. Their daughter Jane crawled right up onto Marvin's knee and proceded to show him all the pictures from their trips to China. Today, Marvin and brother-in-law Paul are putting a railing on the stairs...That's right. For 7.5 years we haven't had a railing on our stairs, we just zip up and down them, pile things on them etc. Well, parenthood has turned us around. Now there will be a railing with baby gates at the top and bottom. That will put everyone's mind to rest (I've had some gentle reminders from my "mommy" friends to get a railing on those stairs, not to mention my dad will have an easier time of it now too!) I just told Paul and Marvin that they will have to pose for a picture...they just looked at me and kept on working :) Don't think they want their picture taken.

So we've been to the pharmacy to load up on the medicines we need, both prescription and over-the-counter. That was interesting. Once again, we became lost in the baby isles. We sincerely hope we'll figure this all out when finally have her. Can you do trial and error with a live baby? We're taking some formula with us and are told we can get it there also, along with diapers. It's very hard for me to go with only half of what we need...I'm the type that likes to know I have everything, just incase...

That's all for now. The next 13 days will be interesting. I'll try to post more frequently.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:29 p.m., January 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, honey, having a new baby IS trial and error! Don't worry, you'll be fine! Especially now that you have a railing.....:-)

     
  • At 3:03 p.m., January 20, 2007, Blogger Cari said…

    Can't wait to read more about the journey - I'm sure you'll both be amazing!

    Cari

     
  • At 6:40 p.m., January 20, 2007, Blogger Red Sand said…

    This secondary wait time is a weird thing, isn't it? But it's almost over and I can't wait to hear how the next phase goes! Still rooting for you,

    Sam

     
  • At 5:53 p.m., January 21, 2007, Blogger J Brant said…

    Wow, the countdown is on!!! I am excited beyond words for you guys. It is so amazing. I met the Gillis' family at the pool Friday night while we were there for Savannah's B-day party with her friends... The girls were too cute.

     
  • At 9:07 p.m., January 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you have everything under control. The railing looks great. Wow I can hardly believe only 16 more days and she will be in YOUR arms!
    We'll be anxiously awaiting every post.

     
  • At 9:07 p.m., January 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you have everything under control. The railing looks great. Wow I can hardly believe only 16 more days and she will be in YOUR arms!
    We'll be anxiously awaiting every post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home