Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Leaving for China in FIVE days!!

Oh yeah, we're leaving in FIVE days! When you wait almost two years, it's hard to comprehend five days...

Finally today we started packing. Wow! That little girl requires a LOT of stuff! We'll have 4 large suitcases and two carry-ons when all is said and done. Then, on the way home, Kennedy is allowed a suitcase. So if we accumulate much stuff along the way, we can purchase another suitcase there.

My mom is coming over tomorrow to help me get organized. She's also gonna come back on Wednesday. Hopefully by then, we'll be almost ready and we can just enjoy each other's company for a bit.

Exciting week coming up. I'll keep ya posted!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:18 p.m., January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwww i am so happy for you guys.... heres a luggage tip: buy some really bright material and cut it into strips. tie a strip to each luggage handle you have. much easier to spot your luggage when you go to claim it. we did this with 16 of us going to florida and it was a bigggg help. have a safe trip and can't wait to meet Kennedy at the rink some day!
    Tracy MacKay

     
  • At 8:45 p.m., January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with the rest of your packing, I think a big weight will be lifted when you get that done.
    See you this week,
    Love Rebecca

     
  • At 9:00 p.m., January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, 5 days!!!!! I am so, so excited for you and I cannot wait to read yout updates from China!!!! You know, we bought another suitcase while we were in China. Here is a piece of advise: do not hesitate to buy things! If you see something you like, get it! Don't wait to see if you can find a better or cheaper version of whatever it is! I really regretted not getting more the first time around, so during the second trip I bought a lot more stuff and I still wish I would have bought more. Especially things for the house and things for the girls to give as gifts for their birthdays and Gotcha days.

     
  • At 9:28 p.m., January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your countdown is almost over. Wow it must feel amazing to finally be packing. Enjoy the time with your mom.
    I tagged you but I totally understand if you have much more important things to do than show us your kindergarten picture and tell us 6 weird things about you, but hey if you get bored.....
    Can't wait to follow your trip... I've given a few of my friends your blog addy so they can follow along.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home