Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm all over the place :)

I've been trying to organize some ideas for a post but I seem to be all over the place. Let's start with happy thoughts :)
On Saturday we were off to Moncton for a fun day. We went to my nephew's hockey game in the morning, did some shopping in the afternoon and went to meet our friends Bryan and Angela(waiting for Ella from China) for supper. We had a great time. As we sat at Montana's and chowed down on some beef and chicken, we talked about how much fun it will be when Kennedy and Ella are with us. I just can't wait until we can visit with the girls. After supper, they invited us back to their house. We chatted some more and bid them farewell around 9:00. We've only met twice, but Angela and I e-mail each other almost daily. It's like we were meant to be friends, aside from all we have in common (I also work with her best friend). Thanks for a great time you guys.

Many people have been asking about how things are going with the process lately. Some people don't like being asked about it, but I don't mind. I actually like being asked. The only thing is, I don't have an answer. The process is going along, it's just taking longer than first expected. We will get there, just not soon. Here's my guess (God knows I've done this before and ate my words): December2006-February2007. Somewhere between those dates. We'll see. So as it sits, I will be returning to teach grade 2 in September with a smile on my face. Looking forward to summer and a little bit of recharging of the battery.

It's been a rough couple of weeks with accidents/deaths. I pray for the families affected, that their broken hearts will heal.

Mother's day is just around the corner. Happy Mother's Day to all those reading who are Momma's. Can't wait till next year.

Thanks to everyone who has been sending me comments on the blog. Special Hello to Marvin's three sisters and their families (Marlene, Bev and Wendy), who I know love seeing pics. I'll try to post more I promise! Love you all!

Carolyn

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 p.m., May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn,
    We had a great time Saturday night ~ so glad that you came over! I am so thankful to have your friendship and to have met you! (Thanks Trudy!)
    And a Happy Mother's Day to you because you are Kennedy's mom...you just don't have her home with you yet! xo Angela

     

Post a Comment

<< Home