Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Progress...

Well it's 7:18 and I'm just heading out the door for school (only a seven days left!) and I just checked the CCAA website. Good News! This month they sent out referrals for 13 days (June 16-28). I realize this doesn't mean too much to my readers if you're not involved in the adoption process. So I'll review. Our file was logged in at CCAA August 31/05. Each month they send out referrals (picture and info of your baby). They had slowed to a snail's pace, but now they are finished up to and including June 28/05. So now we have to wait and see how long it takes them to get to August 31/05. If the 13 day pattern holds true or increases, we could have our referral by the end of November and travel 6-8 weeks later. I can handle that. I just want to see her face.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:06 a.m., June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Progress...finally! We pray everyday that she will be here soon. This is great news!

    Amy

     
  • At 3:51 p.m., June 22, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Yahoo!!! Anything improving is good news!!! That would be great if you went before xmas!
    Love,
    Jen

     
  • At 8:00 p.m., June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yippeee!! I will pray the process SPEEDS up for you guys and you can have little Kennedy in your arms where she belongs.......
    Sue

     
  • At 10:51 p.m., June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn,

    That is great news!!!! I know you are anxious to see that precious face!!!!

     
  • At 7:56 a.m., June 23, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    I hope everything lines up for you guys and you have her pics long before Christmas, just seems like yesterday I seen your post with the countdown on your fridge! I can imagine at this point in the wait it gets really hard. I can't wait to see her face too, they are so great at matching up children to parents that alot of times they look alot like the parents, Kennedy will be beautiful if she looks like her mommy, she will be beuutiful no matter what.
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 7:56 a.m., June 23, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    I hope everything lines up for you guys and you have her pics long before Christmas, just seems like yesterday I seen your post with the countdown on your fridge! I can imagine at this point in the wait it gets really hard. I can't wait to see her face too, they are so great at matching up children to parents that alot of times they look alot like the parents, Kennedy will be beautiful if she looks like her mommy, she will be beuutiful no matter what.
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 7:58 a.m., June 23, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Hope your referral comes long before Christmas, We can't wait to see her face either, I bet she will be beautiful like her Mommy!
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 8:00 a.m., June 23, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Carolyn sorry if I posted twice I didn't think the first one went threw! Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 10:40 a.m., June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that's wonderful news!! Keeping you in my prayers for a much speedier process!
    Jackie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home