Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rain, rain go away...

So it's Saturday afternoon and it's raining...again. We've just had terrible weather lately. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Our pool is ready and just needs some sunlight to get it a little bit warmer.

A few of us went out to celebrate my sister, Kim's, birthday last night. Munchies, drinks and loud music...guess I'm not used to it anymore. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache (blame that on the drinks)and a scratchy voice (from trying to talk over the band). Can't remember the last time I stayed up until 2 a.m. Pathetic, I know. I just don't seem to have it in me anymore. Or maybe I did it enough in my university days to last a lifetime!! Fun was had by all and Kim and I both agreed, that will do us for awhile. (No pics...it's just as well, trust me.)

Marvin's mother had knee replacement surgery and is in rehab in Charlottetown. We visited her Thursday...she's having difficulty putting any weight on it but hopefully things will improve over time.

Our neice, Kiana, celebrated her first birthday on Wednesday! Happy Birthday Kiana!

School is quickly winding down. 12 days left with the children, then 3 days after that to get organized and put things away for the summer. Can't wait for July 1st! First day of vacation.

No news on the baby front...we are waiting to see how many referrals are sent out at the end of this month. I'm resisting the temptation to buy any more baby stuff...I've been fooled by timelines so many times, I've probably bought clothes for all the wrong sizes/seasons...just talking a lot about her these days. It seems like we go through cycles of shop, shop, shop, or talk, talk, talk. It still seems like a dream sometimes...we know it will come true, it's just taking so long now...

We are cheering on our adoption friendsNatalie and Daniel on their journey to bring home their little one. They live close by and I'm sure our gals will be friends. Can't wait to see that picture guys!

That's all for now. I'll try to post more soon. Rainy days sure help.
Take care everyone.
Carolyn

3 Comments:

  • At 10:15 p.m., June 11, 2006, Blogger J Brant said…

    Wahoo!!! 12 days, I didn't realize that!!! See you tomorrow!
    Love,
    Jen
    Ps...I hear you on the dream part, I believe dreams do come true!

     
  • At 11:27 p.m., June 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It does feel like a dream sometimes and we also go through the shopping/talking cycle. It is the support from you and everyone else on the adoption front that keeps us motivated. I know it will happen I just wish it would happen sooner than later. We are so ready:)
    We are also waiting for some sunshine so that we can go swimming in our pool since we got it up all we have had is rain, rain and more rain.

     
  • At 8:52 a.m., June 21, 2006, Blogger Deb said…

    Only a week away from summer vacation now Carolyn! You must be crazy busy these days trying to tie up the school year.
    Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home