Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Makin' a list, checkin' it twice...

I've been roaming around Shopper's Drugmart every evening for about a week. I'm sure they're starting to wonder about me, although the people at the pharmacy already know me :) They've filled my prescriptions and been most helpful in every way.

I've made more lists than you can imagine. Each night I revise the list(s) and set out the next day with a new one. As of right now, there is only a very small list left...nothing that I have to go out for, just things that I need to do here at home before we leave.

Today I went to work to see my co-workers and my kids. Wow, absence makes the heart grow fonder! My kids gave me a BIG group hug. I think they were wondering how come I didn't have Kennedy with me. One little guy said "how is your baby?" I promised them I will take her to see them as soon as I can when we get home. It was awesome to see my co-workers too. They've all been so supportive and are as excited as we are!

Wednesday evening I'm having supper with my mom and two sisters. I'm really looking forward to that.

We are closely watching the weather for Friday. We fly out of Charlottetown (approx.1 hour drive away) @ 6:30. Right now the forecast is for some kind of snow/rain mix. Pray that it passes us by so we can get to the airport and on that plane. I love snow, but not Friday, please!!

Mom is coming over again tomorrow for one last day of organizing. She's the best. I'm so lucky to have a mother like her! I love you mom!

That's all for now.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:59 p.m., January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok Praying for no snow on Friday! This is so exciting!!!

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS There you go saying 1 hour again!!!! Marvin are you driving??? ;O)

     
  • At 11:18 p.m., January 30, 2007, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said…

    Deb, are you flyin' or drivin'? or both???

     
  • At 8:24 a.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't believe it's only days away. What are your thoughts on a welcome home contingent?

     
  • At 9:13 a.m., January 31, 2007, Blogger J Brant said…

    Wow...Friday...I wish I was going with you. Jeff and Marvin were supposed to play cards on the plane and we would have been chatting and calming each other down...I had it all planned. Oh well, things happen for a reason. You know I am beyond excited for you both and can't wait to see you when you get back. I will miss you while you are gone so try to post everyday or as much as you can.
    Love ya lots and lots and give Kennedy hugs and kisses from the Brant family.

     
  • At 9:21 a.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn and Marvin, Although I don't know you personally I feel as though I do from reading your blog!!! Best wishes to you both for safe travels!!! I'll be reading while you are away and I can't wait for you to have Kennedy in your arms. I will be reliving that moment when Olivia was placed in ours!!! What a feeling!!!

    Enjoy every moment!!!

    Jody in NS

     
  • At 12:23 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This will be such an exciting week (for both of us!). I cant wait to see pics and follow your journey for your Kennedy!

    Darin

     
  • At 1:44 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW, only two more days!!!! I am so excited and I am not even going! I can't believe that the time has finally come. After all this time that we have "known" each other and you have followed our journey, I am finally able to follow yours and it makes me so very happy my friend.

     
  • At 1:48 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything will be ok. Have faith!
    Will be thinking of you on Friday and can't wait to hear all about the trip as it progresses.

    Love to all of you

    Marlene

     
  • At 2:19 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! You are getting closer all the time. AAALLLLL THE TIME! Friday is so close! I'm glad you have your mom to help! They're great, aren't they? :-) Can't wait to watch your trip.....:-)

    Janet T.

     
  • At 3:19 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cant believe the day is just around the corner, I am so excited for you both

     
  • At 5:48 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn,
    This might be the first time that I am hoping for no snow! As a teacher there aren't too many reasons to hope for no school cancellations but this is definetly worth it! I am so excited for you and Marvin! 2 more sleeps!!! Love rebecca

     
  • At 8:16 p.m., January 31, 2007, Blogger Cari said…

    I'm on the 'no snow' prayer list for Friday!
    Cari

     
  • At 8:27 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Marvin & Carolyn, Only flurries for Friday...Wild horses wouldn't be able to keep you back anyhow ! We are very excited for you both as you journey to China to bring your baby home. Does it feel real yet? We will be keeping our eyes glued to your site for updates. All the best to you both ! Jacqueline, Chris & kids

     

Post a Comment

<< Home