Bringing Kennedy Home

Feelings, thoughts and other tidbits along the way to adopting our daughter from China.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy February!!!

February is finally here. It has always been my favorite month, interesting that it ends up being the month we travel to China to bring home Kennedy. It's the month of LOVE and it's my birthday on the 16th. My mother-in-law also celebrates this month. It's her 80th birthday tomorrow!! So lots of celebrating this month.

Interesting note: Strange as this may seems, I mentioned to Marvin a few weeks back that one of my main concerns while travelling is being cold. Those who know me know that I'm basically cold for 10 months of the year. We had been checking the weather in Beijing and Nanchang since December 11 (when we found out where we would be travelling). The temperature in both places was very similar to what we were experiencing here...about 5 to 10 degrees on either side of zero. WELL, over the past week, Nanchang has "heated up" shall we say? The forecast for Monday and Tuesday (we will be there Monday to Friday) is 23 and 25 degrees!!!!! Awesome, now I don't have to worry about being cold. However, I do need to re-pack because I packed mostly turtle necks!! So we are now packing for two very different climates...guess we better figure it out soon. China here we come!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:22 p.m., February 01, 2007, Blogger Rob and Nikki said…

    I'm so excited for you both. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your beautiful baby.

     
  • At 6:21 p.m., February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn,
    I've been watching the weather as well. You guys are as good as gone. Have a safe trip and we'll see you soon!

    Luv, Suzanne and the girls

     
  • At 6:49 p.m., February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so cool! (or warm....:-) ) I hope your trip goes really well! Safe travels!

     
  • At 8:11 p.m., February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a safe trip! I will be thinking of the three of you and your exciting adventure. I can't wait to see you when you return!
    Love rebecca

     
  • At 8:11 p.m., February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a safe trip! I will be thinking of the three of you and your exciting adventure. I can't wait to see you when you return!
    Love rebecca

     
  • At 9:57 p.m., February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK Your Off!!! Bon Voyage! We will be checkin in on ya's every day, have a great trip. Hugs

     
  • At 12:17 a.m., February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We need to see pics of the cases hehehehe want to see how organized and ready you are:))

     
  • At 8:47 p.m., February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn..
    You are probably there by now,have a great time & bring little Kennedy home safe...

    Nancy M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home